Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ho Kau Kopitiam, Lorong Panggong


Back at Ho Kau Kopitiam this morning. Without second thought, I ordered the daily special, fried meehoon + mee + fried egg. As expected Uncle Ho asked: welldone or medium rare? My choice- as you can see here.


Half way through the plate, I noticed Uncle Ho was scooping up some of the pre-prepared meehoon and frying it again. I realised then that you can order it mamak-style: fried with eggs (minus the spice). Then you’ll have a hot plate of mee to go with the coffee/ tea.

Can you believe it?- I went for 2nd round. I ordered the steam white bread with kaya & butter- hot & soft- just the way I like it. Today's special includes woon chai ko- but all finish. Some customers actually ask Ms Ho to reserve it.



On the way out, a guy asked me whether I am a reporter after seeing me snapping away with my camera at the food. I just explained that I started a blog and just want to share with others about the existence of such a oldie worldie local coffee shop, which is almost in extinction.

3 comments:

  1. hah? why why why no one asked me whether i'm a reporter or not? :( i'm born without reporter look. lol~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya lah, it xplain d foto in my profile: oink2

    ReplyDelete